Without Warning participants often describe their condition as a journey.
By joining us here at our website, your journey will be explained by those on the same path. You will find support for you and your family.
The advice offered by participants can help you through the post-diagnosis transition. It will help you formulate your next steps. As with any change, there are no “cookie-cutter” approaches, however, the advice listed here will give you help and direction.
Many people with younger-onset Alzheimer’s disease have made the following comments:
- It takes time to adjust to a new reality.
- Grief and/or depression are both part of the experience.
- Find what brings you a sense of purpose and calm.
- Stay connected with friends and family.
- Learn to forgive yourself.